Monday, March 26, 2018

Black Annis: Demon Slayer (Revenge of the Witch #2): 4 Stars


Author: Aubrey Law
Length: 102 pgs.

This is the second installment in the Revenge of the Witch series, and I jumped right in to this after finishing up #1, not even moving from my spot on the couch between books. This is novella length so I tore through it in less than an hour.

This book is just as exciting as #1, even more so as Aubrey Law adds yet more fantastical creatures to the story (who would’ve thought frogs would be so deceitful?). Annis is somewhat in hiding due to the events that unfolded a the close of the first book and she finds herself in constant danger from one magical being or another. As I said in my review of book one, it’s so much fun being on this adventure with Annis. Her dark powers range from being able to explode hearts with the snap of a finger to imploding a body or causing all the blood in someone’s veins to drain from their orifices. She is an extremely powerful ancient Black Witch, but how long can her power and kill spells save her from the demons, Arch Demons, necromancers and vampires that are after her?

Short review here but this was a very short book, and ends on another giant cliffhanger. I’m dying to find out what happens and continue on with the series the but I don’t think #3, Demon Destroyer, is out yet although #4 already has a title (Demon Punisher). THIS IS VITAL INFORMATION so if anyone knows more about the release date of #3 PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY. =) In the meantime I will check out Aubrey Law’s other series as I have become an instant fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment