Thursday, March 15, 2018

Her Highland Master (The Dungeon Fantasy Club #1): 3 Stars


Author: Anya Summers
Length: 202 pgs.

I picked this book up as an Amazon freebie (still is), apparently it’s the first of a series and I pick up pretty much anything that’s free with “Highlander” in the title. This isn’t historical romance though-which is obvious from the blurb, and I was reminded of that when I was going through the freebies I load onto my kindle at heart-stopping rates. It still sounded worth a read though (despite its apparent lack of blood-soaked kilt-wearing Highland warriors) and at the short length there wasn’t much to lose. One of my Goodreads group friends assigned it to me for a March Buddy Pick so I was happy to get to it.

The story begins with Zoey, an American on a solo vacation, crashing her rental car in a Scottish storm. She makes her way to a nearby mansion and is welcomed by the handsome butler, Jared. She soon meets Declan, who owns the mansion which is actually a BDSM retreat. Since it’s just over novella length, the story moves very quickly, with Zoey agreeing to act as the sub to Declan's dom for a week in exchange for somewhere to stay after she loses her hotel reservation (okayyyy, so he did tell her she could stay without being his sub, but what’s the fun in that).

Steaminess ensues once Zoey wanders into a forbidden dungeon floor, and there’s no lack of erotica here. I mean they only have a week to pack all this in so Declan takes advantage of the time constraints, and Zoey finds out she quite enjoys Declan’s lifestyle.

My favorite parts involved both Declan and Jared. If you know what I mean.



And we get treated to that situation more than once.



Ultimately, there is a misunderstanding which creates some conflict, but of course that’s all resolved because Zoey and Declan are in instalove. It’s not very believable but is that really the point here?

Her Highland Master is a fun little freebie involving hot Scottish dudes, and at 202 pages won’t take up too much of your time.

BRB, going to crash my rental car in the Highlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment