Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Fashionably Dead (Hot Damned #1): 4 Stars


Author: Robyn Peterman
Length: 323 pgs.

This book was a lot of fun and completely unexpected! When it started I was taking it seriously…then the character was turned into a vampire by a hypnotist, met her guardian angel who looks (and talks) like Oprah and a faerie physical trainer who is a replica of Arnold Schwarzenegger, and began getting drafted into sorority-like vampire houses with gift bags. Cut to her seeing demon-like creatures on her ceiling and her friend finding out she’s some sort of faerie royalty and I realized this is not the kind of book to take seriously. It made me laugh out loud throughout the story and the action moved along really quickly. Despite its bonkers character list the writer managed to bring me to tears at a few points and throw in some little twists throughout to remind you that it’s a continuing series and there’s more good stuff to come.

I got the first book as a freebie from Amazon and added narration which was awesome and probably made me love it 10x more. The next book is not free but definitely reasonably priced so this series will go on my TBR!

Good to read if you love paranormal but are in the mood for something lighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment